info This large temple was built by King Nantaungmya in 1218. Situated close to the road between Nyaung U and Bagan. The name is a misreading of the Pali word for 'Blessings of the Three Worlds'. Nantaungmya erected the temple on this spot because it was here that he was chosen, from among five brothers, to be the crown prince.
The legendary saying is that, the five princes were standing in a circle and the white umbrella in the middle. The white umbrella would bend to the prince to become king and he was chosen.
monetization_on No entry fees
watch_later Operation hours: 8:00-18:00
hourglass_full Time needed: Approximately 1 hour
Inside the 46-metre-high temple, which is similar in design to Sulamani Pahto, there are four Buddhas on the lower and upper floors. Traces of old murals are also still visible. Fragments of the original fine plaster carvings and glazed sandstone decorations have survived on the outside. The doorways feature nice carved reliefs.
build Year established: n.a.
place Nyaung-U Township, Bagan
email no email
public no web site
local_taxi Estimated taxi fare: n.a.
directions_bus Bus directions: n.a.
directions_railway Train directions: n.a.
map See map below:
help_outline Get a free quotation for a Myanmar tour to visit this place.
grade Give a star-rating on this place or write a FB comment below: