A short distance south-west of the Zegyo Market on 85th St, this pagoda rises from an elevated masonry platform. It was badly damaged during World War II, but was subsequently repaired. Its main point of interest is the five-metre-high seated Buddha image cast in bronze by King Bagyidaw in Inwa in 1823 just before the First Anglo-Burmese War broke out.
In 1849 King Bagan Min moved the image to Amarapura, just as the second war was about to begin. When the third and final conflict was about to commence, the image was brought to Mandalay in 1884. Reclining Buddha images can be seen in the Pagoda's courtyard along with a sacred Bodhi tree.