An enjoyable breakfast for some people is goat brain with nan roti ( Indian bread). Some people pick out the head of the foul in a chicken dish to get at the brain.
A popular sweet for Myanmar people is Moun Oun Hnauk ( brain cake). The odd thing about it is that it contains no animal matter.
- 3 cups rice flour
- 2 coconuts grated
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbs clearlime water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 9 cups water
Steps to cook
1. Squeeze grated coconut to get first water. Set aside.
2. Make coconut milk with 9 cups water. Add corn flour slowly; stir to make batter. Set aside one -third of the batter.
3. Put remaining two - thirds on fire,add lime water, keep stirring till it boils. Add sugar keep stirring till it thickens and bottom of pan pan shows. Pour into a tray and set aside.
4. Take the one-third batter, add first water milk of coconut, add salt and stir on fire till it too thickens. Pour into tray to get second layer.
5. Bake in oven until surface turns golden.
6. Take out and sprinkle raisins.
7. Scoop into serving cups.